[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Clubs folding & Futurity Counts

  • From: "PATRICIA WALKER" <TishWalker5@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 09:42:32 -0400

Todd writes:
For me to get to either
of the meetings of the two clubs  closest to me in the state of Georgia it is
an hour and a half drive  without traffic. If you've driven through Atlanta
at 5 pm on any weekday  you know you can add an additional hour to that.

In 1992 we moved from Falls Church, VA to Albuquerque, New Mexico.  I couldn't
believe the distances between clubs and shows out in NM.  An 8 hour drive to
the nearest specialty club (outside of the NM one).  Well, as you know, we have
just moved back to Fredericksburg, VA which is just south of DC.  Now I can't
believe the traffic!!  Where I used to consider we could make so many shows
within a 3 hour radius I'm sure now I would have to raise that to probably 5 or
6 hours for many of them.  This has got to be a big factor in the decline of
entries at shows.  Unless you are a really dedicated exhibitor, you are
probably not willing to sit in traffic jams for hours.

Tish