[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Clubs

  • From: Terry Cochran <fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: alma_gsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, freelist <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2006 13:54:50 -0800 (PST)

What a great pos!!!!!. That is what dog clubs should be. A place to share a
common interest and to fellowship together.

  Glad to see a positive post about dog club meeting!!!!

  Enjoy each other
  Terry

  Shirley O'Brien <alma_gsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Last night Tom and I went to the January, 2006 meeting of the German
Shepherd Dog Club of the Sacramento Valley.
Neither of us had slept well the night before and after a long day at
work I must admit I thought about not going. It's a drive of about one
hour and fifteen minutes to Charlotte's house where the meeting was
being held. Hey, it used to be two hours from Magalia.

We were late. I was incredibly hungry in addition to being tired. We
stopped to eat dinner on the way so I wouldn't devour Beryl's whole cake
as soon as we walked in the door!!

So, why go? Well, for one, I'm on the Board and made a commitment. We
live so far away that it is hard to do a whole lot. But I can show up.
I can go to the Big Events--the shows and herding trial. I can help out
a little.

For two. I NEED it!! As I sat around the room and looked at Sue
Mazzeo, Stacy Hayano, Sharon Allbright, Bob Grady, Charlotte Riegelhuth,
Carolyn Martello, Frank Martello, Ed Mazzeo, Beryl Eshom, Nancy Hubbell,
Bill Petterson, Cari Miller, Linda Battistoni, I realized that we had a
shared interest and a shared history. We also share something else that
is intangible and hard to put into words. And I need to touch base with
that on a regular basis.

For three. The refreshments are always wonderful!! Beryl's cake was
fantastic!! I ate two pieces.

We had a program last night. A DVD of the National. Tom and I stayed
for a little of it and then started the drive home. Tom got up with the
dogs this morning and I got to sleep in. Ahh, wonderful. Made it til 9
AM when Fallon coudn't stand it any more and had to come jump in bed and
get a good dose of "human smells."

Take care.

Shirley
Gridley, CA
POST is Copyrighted 2005. All material remains the property of the original

Yahoo! Photos