[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Club membership rules

  • From: sheila lieberman <dgshwpromo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: volunteer202@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 10:55:01 -0700 (PDT)

Words of wisdom.  The more open we are the more we can educate.  The more we
educate the more we have quality breeders for the future. sheila
Marcy Smith <volunteer202@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:  If I may offer the perspective of
one who only aspires to be a serious breeder/ exhibitor someday, I think it is
wise of you to allow interested people access to all the information available
through the club even before they've earned the right. Through the website, the
Review, and the conversations on the list, you have the opportunity to educate
people about the ethics and the expectations of the community of GSD breeders,
and to share your knowledge. If you are going to impact the next wave of
serious breeders, you have to start as soon as they begin to look for answers
and guidance. I have benefited greatly from my membership and have done nothing
to deserve membership but provide a loving and responsible home for one GSD. I
recently attended the GSD specialty in toledo (sans dog) and found exhibitors
to be very friendly and open to conversation. If you are to maintain some
measure of influence over the breed that you have
 given so much of your lives to
improve, I believe you must continue to give people access to this community.
I, for one, am grateful for it.
Marcy Smith

Visit the Yahoo! Auto Green Center.

Luggage? GPS? Comic books?