[ SHOWGSD-L ] Club membership rules

  • From: Marcy Smith <volunteer202@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 09:39:32 -0700 (PDT)

If I may offer the perspective of one who only aspires to be a serious breeder/
exhibitor someday, I think it is wise of you to allow interested people access
to all the information available through the club  even before they've earned
the right.   Through the website, the Review, and the conversations on the
list, you have the opportunity to educate people about the ethics and the
expectations of the community of GSD breeders, and to share your knowledge.
If you are going to impact the next wave of serious breeders, you have to start
as soon as they begin to look for answers and guidance.  I have benefited
greatly from my membership and have done nothing to deserve membership but
provide a loving and responsible home for one GSD.  I recently attended the GSD
specialty in toledo (sans dog)  and found exhibitors to be very friendly and
open to conversation.  If you are to maintain some measure of influence over
the breed that you have given so much of your lives to
 improve, I believe you must continue to give people access to this community.
I, for one, am grateful for it.
  Marcy Smith

Visit the Yahoo! Auto Green Center.