[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Club business

  • From: "Tom Elkins" <firethorntemplete@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <irrenhaus4@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 15:49:00 -0700

I've had nothing but bad experiences, and I'm suspicious of everyone,
especially myself. Both recent and long-term history suggest that Board members
DON'T always have "the good of the club at heart", or at the very least, their
vision of what constitutes that good is at odds with that of the membership.
Are people being ''suspicious" when they want to observe the behavior and
decisions of their elected representatives and the processes of the BOD? I'd
say they're being active, involved club members. Again, it's called open
democracy. Board members are elected, they're not enthroned.They should SEEK
input and observation. I have tremendous respect for good Board members and
gratitude for all that they do. I also think that the good ones would be more
than happy to openly conduct business on camera. Why wouldn't they?
                     tom elkins