[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Club Meeting Night - Expanding the Subject

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: DaniaKarloff@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 08:27:06 EDT

In a message dated 10/27/2005 12:26:26 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
DaniaKarloff@xxxxxxx writes:
We
are now meeting at a restaurant but I  find the location too sterile  and not
conducive to having educational programs  or mentoring new  members - we all
sit at the big table, eat and leave.   Ideally,  we would love to have a club
house but that is out of the   question.

Dania, in the past, during our summer break from "regular" meetings  we used
a club house associated w/ a small golf course at a local town- house
complex.  They had a big screen, comfy chairs, conference tables and it  was
perfect.  No food service, so we ordered three foot long hoagies,  some salads
and
had pop-corn during the movies, lol:))))  There are a  lot of these types of
club/pool houses around, and for a small  fee....maybe?

The restaurant where we normally meet (more of an Inn actually), has  several
private rooms, so they usually close one off for our board/general
membership meetings.  We usually have speakers at the general meetings and  the
larger
room we usually reserve has a screen that pulls down for media stuff  and when
its all closed off, we never have to worry about bothering the other  dinner
guests.  No fee for the room though; we give them a count one or two  days
before, folks hand Dean their $20 cash or check when they come in <G>  and then
we just write a club check for the number of guests.  (Folks buy  their own
adult beverages from the adjoining lounge.)

Hope this helps:)

Kathy
three generations of Dual Titled Champions  live here!

visit _Pine Hill German Shepherd  Dogs_