[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Clostest Airport to National Herding Site

  • From: Terry Cochran <fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: GreyPines@xxxxxxx, RopajaGSD@xxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 10:20:38 -0700 (PDT)

The only way I can figure out how to do this:
First fly from Oregon to Phoenix, it is a direct flight, I can stay at the
house there a couple of days and enjoy the sun
Cost is 170.00 one way
By a round trip ticket from Phoenix to Durham 376.00 You can get a direct
flight from there.
Then buy a one way ticket from Phoenix back to Portland 170.00
cost for one dog is 400.00
It is about 180 miles from Durham to the show site so will need to rent a car
and drive to Charlotte.
so 1110.00 in plane tickets and the cost of a rental car :0)
I think I am going to have to give this some serious thought. If it was the
first week in Oct. I would consider driving but Nov. is too much of a risk for
weather too close, to the holidays for me. Buy the time you drive a week it is
Mid Novemeber and no way are you going to miss the snow in the mountain passes.

Terry
GreyPines@xxxxxxx wrote:
In a message dated 6/8/2005 11:31:42 AM Eastern Standard Time,
ropajagsd@xxxxxxx writes:
In a message dated 6/7/2005 11:13:05 PM Eastern Standard Time,
fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx writes:
I asked earlier what is the nearest airport to where the herding is being
held in NC. does any one know??
Terry

Teery, If I understood correctly in that the Herding location is some
distance North of Raleigh , then the Raleigh-Durham Airport is
closest....Pauline

POST is Copyrighted 2005. All material remains the property of the original
kind are permitted without prior permission of the original author AND of the

FORBIDDEN,
AND IS A VIOLATION OF LAW. VIOLATORS OF THIS PROHIBITION WILL BE PROSECUTED.

It is about a 30 minute drive from the Raleigh / Durham (RDU) airport to the
Herding site at Fran Hoffman's.
Regards
Bill
_Bill Pfeiffer, GSDCA Treasurer & I-Net Committee Chair (919-781-4955)_
(http://www.gsdca.org/Noframes/officers.html)

POST is Copyrighted 2005. All material remains the property of the original

Terry Cochran
www.FairwayShepherds.com
www.Rightdog.com    RightDog Photography
http://mail.yahoo.com