[ SHOWGSD-L ] Closing school because of the heat!!

  • From: Penny & Bill <Ketchy@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: The List <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 17:13:41 -0400

In almost 30 years of teaching, this was definitely a FIRST--at 10:30
this morning, our school district dismissed students and teachers due
to the high heat index projected for later today.  Many schools in the
east did this yesterday, and we followed suit today.
Holy Kielbasa Batman, what next?  Needless to say, the KIDZ at home
were really glad to see me:  Jeddie, Patcha and Burns raced around in
joy, then came inside and crashed.  Forest and Brando were not as
thrilled:  I left them kenneled under a big pine tree for a couple of
hours (so the others could have their house time.)  To show their
displeasure, they pooped & peed all through that kennel--they NEVER do
that.  Jealous munchkins!  Up here on the mountain, the temp never
even reached 90--but it is humid and there are TORNADO warnings till
10 pm.
Curiouser and curiouser. . .
Penny in NY