[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Closed Session

  • From: Peggy <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sally@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2007 17:49:56 -0500

Sally -
    Apparently, the meeting was illegal in that proper procedures for
holding an Executive Session were not followed...therefore, no business
that was conducted can stand.  That means, as I understand the language,
that Hunte is NOT a member.  All that remains is for him to be told.
    As for new by-laws, etc., the AKC will have to approve properly
written by-laws, if they are really needed.  I doubt they are.  What is
needed is a Code of Ethics, or Members Code of Conduct, to which all
members must adhere.  Any new applicant would have to agree to abide by
such a Code, and current members would have to agree to adhere to the
Code when it was time to renew membership.  The AKC would not be able to
say no to such a thing if it was similar to those being studied by the
respective committees, or individuals, and which are currently in place
in many other breed parent clubs and regional clubs.

    I have to smile when I think about the regional club that refused
membership to someone who particiipated in performance activities with a
White GSD...and how awful that club must feel now, when the PC has Hunte
as a member!  (Except in fact, he is NOT...see above!)
Peggy