[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Christmas poem

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2005 22:32:09 EST

Alex Galindo sent this to me. I normally don't go for stuff like this, but
this one got to me.  I hope you enjoy it, and thanks Alex for sending it to  me.
'Twas  The Night  Before Christmas, He Lived All Alone,
In a One Bedroom  House Made Of Plaster And  Stone.
I  Had Come Down The  Chimney With Presents To Give,  And
Just  Who In This Home  Did Live.

I Looked All  About,
A Strange Sight I Did See!  ,  No Tinsel, No Presents,
Not Even A  Tree.
No  Stocking By Mantle,
Just Boots Filled With Sand, On The Wall  Hung  Pictures
Of Far Distant  Lands.

With Medals And  Badges, Awards Of All Kinds, A  Sober
Thought Came Through My   Mind.

For This House Was  Different, It Was Dark And Dreary, I
Found The Home Of A Soldier, Once I Could See  Clearly.

The  Soldier Lay Sleeping, Silent, Alone, Curled Up  On
The Floor In This  One Bedroom  Home.

The Face Was So Gentle,  The Room In Such  Disorder, Not
How I  Pictured A United  States Soldier.

Was This The Hero
Of  Whom I'd Just Read?
Curled Up On  A  Poncho,
The Floor For A  Bed?

I Realized The Families  That I Saw This  Night,
Owed Their  Lives To These Soldiers Who  Were Willing To  Fight.

Soon Round The  World,
The  Children Would Play, And Grownups Would Celebrate
A   Bright  Christmas Day.

They All Enjoyed Freedom Each Month Of  The  Year,
Because Of The Soldiers, Like  The One Lying Here.

I Couldn't  Help Wonder
How Many Lay  Alone,
On a  Cold Christmas Eve In A  Land Far From Home.

The Very  Thought
Brought A Tear To My Eye,
I Dropped To My Knees
And Started To Cry.

The Soldier Awakened
And I Heard A Rough  Voice,
"Santa Don't Cry,
This Life Is My Choice;

I Fight  For  Freedom,
I Don't Ask For More,
My Life is My God
My Country, My Corps."

The Soldier Rolled Over
And Drifted To  Sleep,
I Couldn't Control It,
I Continued To Weep.

I Kept  Watch For Hours,
So Silent And Still
And We Both Shivered
From The  Cold Night's Chill.
I Didn't Want To Leave On
That Cold, Dark, Night,
This Guardian Of Honor
So Willing To Fight.

Then The   Soldier Rolled Over,
With A Voice Soft  And Pure,
Whispered,  "Carry On Santa,
It's Christmas Day, All Is  Secure."

One Look At My Watch,
And I Knew He Was Right.
"Merry  Christmas My Friend,
And To All A Good  Night."

Evan
_Asgard German  Shepherds_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement  and Temperament come together