[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Chemistry, and Boy dogs...

  • From: Blackoaks1@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2007 23:55:48 EDT

These subjects got me to thinking of some of the special dogs who have shared
my life through the years. There was Sarge, of course, who saved my life. But
he was truly bonded with the father of my children. I bred Sarge's 1/2
sister, Satana to Nancy Harper's Lothario.The dog I got from that breeding was
Black
Oak's De'Niro..aka Pizza~Man, the red dog. This was without a doubt the
kindest, and sweetest male GSD I have ever owned. He loved all children, was
good
with all creatures, large or small. I never had to raise my voice, or correct
this dog in any way. He was just a lovely dog, and I adored him. His son on the
other hand, another red dog, is not the perfect dog. He was a challenge from
the start. Willful, and arrogant, and he hates other male shepherds. He is
gorgeous, but hated dogshows, so we retired him after he earned 10 points, and
major. This dog, this Wiseguy dog is my soulmate. He and I have an incredible
bond after these ten long years. I now have his son, Michael who is so much
like his grandsire, sweet, and affectionate, and unlike his sire, the one who
captured my heart. Yes, I love all my dogs, and my bitches, but sometimes there
is a special bond impossible to explain. I sometimes tear up when that old dog
meets me at the gate with his tennis ball in his jaws. He likes to trade it
for his kibble, a game we have played for years. Thank you everyone for sharing
the stories about your chemistry. I see now we have a lot in common.
                                              Marcia in Missouri

 Get a sneak peek of the all-new AOL at