[ SHOWGSD-L ] Charges against Ken Downing

  • From: cyndy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2007 13:16:11 -0700

 Regarding Ken using his presidency for financial gain: Ken and Patty have
not actively shown a dog since February of 2004, when they finished Ch.
PoncaHill's Jackie Chan. He's had a couple of stud fees, but would not
appealto the working dog crowd whatsoever.   They sold three dogs as pets
three years ago, who were 18 months old for $100 each to cover neuter. They
were referred by the Downing's vets.   I think it is safe to say that the
Downings have not profited his posting that he's WDA president on his
website, and I would imagine it's more publicity for the WDA than anything
else. They also list the WDA website as the first link on their site.
www.abraxasgsd.com[1]  You will see that his mention of being WDA president
is very small, and included in a personal bio with other things including
theaccomplishments of Patty and Kim Downing.   I am guessing other people
have profited from their association with the WDA including Wayne Davis, who
was former president of the West Virginia Canine College, a professional
trainer school, and David Landau, vom Fuerstenburg GSDs, who at one time
imported and brokered dogs. (May still do)   And Joy Schultz, board member,
is paid as an independent contractor to publish the WDA newsletter and sits
on the board of directors and thus votes.    What do you think?   Cyndy