[ SHOWGSD-L ] Change of National months

  • From: VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2009 15:29:08 EDT

We've all had a lot of emails since the National regarding sites ,and some
regarding the time of year. You know our club is going on 100 yrs,so those
original By Laws were mostly enacted around 60-70 years ago Change of time
of  year for the National has been brought up several times,even before this
past  National. Lets face it,our weather all over the country  has changed,
in  these 60-70 yrs. In my own state of MN,we haven't had an Indian summer
for  3-4 yrs.  I  had to cancel going to the National,but felt very sorry
for the Performance people outside, and even inside, it looked very chilly.
We  are supposed to be in a climate controlled building,but heating these
places has  become prohibitive,I guess.  Some of the posts suggested switching
to  sometime in summer,when the entire family could come .and the kids
wouldn't have  to miss school . We wouldn't have to worry about the changeable
weather. I  think the new Board should at least consider the possibility. The
original  reason for setting the National time restriction, was everyone
thought the dogs  coats would be at their best,all through blowing and getting
winter coats. And  that was the sole reason for picking the present  date
restrictions. . I  know we've had at least one in September. We might have had
two. Does anyone  remember when we had it when Ted Beckhart was show chair,
and it was  outside,Ernie Loeb did specials. I think it was New Jersey.
Anyway,I  think with our unpredictable weather.the new Board  should discuss
it.  Helen Miller Fisher