[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Change it important

  • From: Theresa-GSD Stolz-Scenecrest Farm <scenecrest.geo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ELG440@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2013 09:09:45 -0800 (PST)

I agree, a car should never be compared to a GSD.  My family owned
Model A's, T-Birds, etc. will always love the Ford Vehicles.

I do not believe all GSD's in the USA or any other country are
perfect but do see faults of conformation that should not
be there.  Why so many GSD's now a poise in the grass, this
was a trick used years ago with horses.  Not pertaining to
dog shows since they are in the grass if outside, but
even photos at home they put the dog in tall grass.  This
is just a observation as it does hide feet and pasterns.
The GSD I remember and have owned never needed their
toenails trimmed since they wore them off as they had
proper feet and pasterns. I am not in CA, so do not
know and will not judge by a photo of a dog there.
I do see them in other states MI, IN, OH, TN and
feel these GSD's do not look comfortable to me.

I know several horse breeders that believe the longer
pasterns, cannon bone and sickle hock gives more
extention than the average but not true. If an animal
is balanced with correct conformation they will be
a better mover and comfortable too.  I see way
to many lame horses and dogs out there showing.

Do you not believe it is also what you get use
to looking at that makes your judgement?
I know people will never agree totally on
everything just not human nature. Common
ground is all we can hope for.

Theresa

--- On Sat, 2/2/13, ELG440@xxxxxxx <ELG440@xxxxxxx> wrote:

The Model A Ford Club of America has 30,000 members and a board of
directors of six.  That makes me think at times about our board of 19. I  have
served as their attorney for over ten years. Each week someone finds  another
Model A in a barn or garage somewhere in the world. The cars are  restored and
taken out now and then. But, they don't match a 1957  Thunderbird.

On the other hand if you drive a 1957 Thunderbird, (and, if it is red, I
envy you), it rattles, the passenger door will open on a sharp left hand
turn,  the headlights keep burning out, and if you get 10 miles to the gallon,
you are  having a good day.

Time goes by no matter how much we want it not to. Our breed improves year
after year. There always was that great dog in the past, but when we had
classes  of 20 and 30, only four or five were going to finish. When we had dog
shows with  entries of 70 or 80, each year about the same number of German
shepherds  finished as they do now.

It is different. We who breed, do so to get better and better dogs. Sound
in temperament, structure, and function is what we strive for in every
breeding.  We do so when we choose a stud dog, or a brood bitch; and to want to
return to  what the breed was fifty years ago, or even twenty is like driving
a Model A  Ford, or even a 1957 Thunderbird. It is fun, you get a lot of
attention, you can  be proud of the history, but give me a nice 2012 Honda if
I am going to drive to  the National in Philadelphia.

Evan L.  Ginsburg
gsyrfund.com
Asgard German  Shepherds
_http://www.asgardgsd.com_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
Where Type  Movement and Temperament come  together

In a message dated 2/2/13 7:56:24 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
scenecrest.geo@xxxxxxxxx writes:

Wrong  comparison the Ford Model T...  September 1908 to October  1927

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Model_T

1957  GV CH (US) V
http://www.pedigreedatabase.com/dog.html?id%30

1957 collective great car...