[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Ch. Pinebeach's Casanova (RED)

  • From: MARNEETS1@xxxxxxx
  • To: blackhawkfarms214@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 18:50:35 -0400 (EDT)

So nice to come home and see such nice things posted about (RED)  my  first
German Shepherd. I spent the summers with my Aunt Joan Ortigara as most of
you know. Red's litter was born in March and the first week in June, I was
at  Pinebeach for the summer. I think I was 12.(yeah I know, long ...,long
time ago)  I picked Red out from his litter and he became mine. That's when I
was in this  dog game for the long haul. I just happened to come across his
first show photo  a few weeks ago. He got a big 5 pointer under Joe
Poepping at 6 months and a few  days old. He was just a gangly little thing
then,
but was a flyer.  He did  go on to finish quickly and I think he was one
qualifier shy of his ROM. He was  the sire of not only "Spender" Spendabuck,
but
also  Spenders  sister  who was Sel. Ch. Pinebeach's Scarlet Ohara owned by
Jan and  Manny Rodriguez. He also had another Select daughter Sel. Ch.
Valmy's  Perhaps Love owned by Charlie and Kate Mardecz. He really was not used
very  much at all. Wish we were collecting frozen semen back then.
Red, was a very healthy boy and lived to be a week shy of his 14th
birthday. He is buried here  out my kitchen window under the bird  feeders.
Thanks for reading, Anita Hernandez
Marneetgsd.com

In a message dated 4/23/2013 11:46:21 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
blackhawkfarms214@xxxxxxxxx writes:
HI  Amy,
Its funny you bring him up. About a year ago, Jan Lagomarsino  Brummbett
sent me a box of "old videos". In the box were several nationals  video and
a video of Buck (Ch. Bachen's Spendabuck) at about 18 months with  Joan and
Donna moving him and stacking him in the backyard. Also near the  end of the
tape there is a magnificent stallion of a male , saddle backed,  and a
brilliant black and red/goldish color that was none other than HIS  sire,
Ch. Pinebeach's Cassanova. Its a very neat video. if I could find  someone
locally who can put it on a Dvd, I will send you a copy. LOVE  seeing these
old dogs.

>  POST is Copyrighted 2012.  All material remains the property of  the
FORWARDS
> of any kind are permitted without prior permission of the  original author
> AND of the Showgsd-l Management. ALL RIGHTS  RESERVED.
>
> Each Author is responsible for the content of  his/her post.  This group
> and its administrators are not  responsible for the comments or opinions
> expressed in any  post.
>
> ALL PERSONS ARE ON NOTICE THAT THE FORWARDING,  REPRODUCTION OR USE IN ANY
> MANNER OF ANY MATERIAL WHICH APPEARS ON  SHOWGSD-L WITHOUT THE EXPRESS
> PERMISSION OF ALL PARTIES TO THE POST  AND THE LIST MANAGEMENT IS
EXPRESSLY
> FORBIDDEN, AND IS A VIOLATION OF  LAW. VIOLATORS OF THIS PROHIBITION WILL
BE
> PROSECUTED.
>
>  For assistance, please contact the List Management at  admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

> http://showgsd.org/mail.html
> NATIONAL BLOG -  http://gsdnational.blogspot.com/

POST  is Copyrighted 2012.  All material remains the property of the

expressed in any post.