[ SHOWGSD-L ] Ch. Jolson goes to the Rainbow Bridge

  • From: SHOWGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2009 20:01:21 EDT

Last evening Multi BIS, Gold Cup  Int'l Ch.  & Am. Champion Showboat Jazz
Singer OFA, TC, CGC, CD went to the Rainbow Bridge.  At 12 1/2, Jolson still
ruled the roost with "just one look."  A mellow, confident dog at shows,
obedience
trails and with people, he definitely was the alpha dog with his housemates.
The house is eerily quite.  In fact, this is the first time in 30 years that I
have  only two dogs and no dog gates up in the house.

Jolson was out of Int'l. Champion Showboat's Jasmin TC, HT (Am. & Can.
Champion Kennelwoods Leathal Weapon X Showboat's Flying Spirit TC, HT) by Ch.
Arelee's Gunnrunner and was bred and owned by myself and Meredith Noreen.

Jolson was born into my hands and went to the bridge in my arms. I am
thankful to my caring vet, Eleanor Dunn who came to my home and  eased his
passing.
No matter how often I have done this, it is never easy.  Farewell, my big guy.

Kay Springer
www.showboatgsd.com
Home of Multi BISS & Multi Group Winning
Ch. Rohan's Reward TC, CGC, HT, CD, RA
"Strider"   <BR><BR><BR>**************<BR>Feeling the pinch at the grocery
store?  Make dinner for $10 or less.
(http://food.aol.com/frugal-feasts?ncid=emlcntusfood00000001)</HTML>