[ SHOWGSD-L ] Ch. Jazz and Judd

  • From: "dlauffer@xxxxxxxxxxx" <dlauffer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Undisclosed-recipients: ;
  • Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 04:56:10 GMT

All this talk of the dogs of the past and I pulled out a Review from May 1965.
There is a photo of Jazz and Judd.  Interesting thing, with the recent comments
about the cost of showing and owner handled VS pro handled, about half the adds
list a professional handler.  Some names I recognize like "A. Mesdag" with Ch.
Volker v. Alexyrvo Hof.  Some I don't like "Fred Olson" with Ch. Chief of
Jorene or "Theodore V. Michael" with Jardo's Gustave.  There is a beautiful
black, Normlee's Black Shadow agent is Jack La Rou.
Point is, there were many professional handlers then as well as today.  Cost is
relative, I'm sure the .25 cents a gallon for gas was outrageous then just like
the $2.00 plus is today.  People change, times change.  I wonder how many women
worked full time then as now.  Our priorities overall have changed.
Rather than try to blame it on something or someone maybe we concentrate on how
to change it?
Dee Lauffer