[ SHOWGSD-L ] Ch Breauhausen's Kayla So Fine Is Gone

  • From: "Joe Rivers" <dreamquest.gsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 05 Nov 2006 14:19:44 -0500

Kayla introduced us to the wonderful world of German Shepherds.  We
purchased the runt of the Jazz-Flag litter as a pet, and at 6 months we
started to show her with the encouragement of Leon and Betty Breault, and
their daughters Patti and Jenni.  She won lots of reserves, then just before
her second birthday, started winning every time we showed her.  We showed
her a couple of times as a veteran and she went into the ring as if she
owned it.  She led us into the German Shepherd community where I served more
than 10 years as president and show secretary of the GSDC of Greater
Washington, DC.

She was a true couch potato and ate everything from candy to spicy Mexican
food.  She was always talking and kept our life interesting.  When she began
to slow down at the age of seven, we got her a male puppy, which rejuvenated
her.

On Friday she stopped eating, and when we brought her to the emergency
clinic yesterday, the X-rays showed that she was filled with cancer, so we
made the difficult decision of letting her go.  We miss her so much.  She
was an integral part of our family and life.

Ch Breauhausen's Kayla So Fine
July 31, 1994 to November 4, 2006

Joe and Jan Rivers