[ SHOWGSD-L ] Cesar Milan

  • From: Halwend@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2006 17:27:30 +0000

It does seem to me as though Cesar is taking a vital message to a generally
appallingly ignorant general public.  He is impressing on us that TRAINING
HELPS!
TRAIN --DON'T COMPLAIN.  I'm somewhat acquainted with just about every old or
new training method around and, like his method, I don't always agree.
Badly trained, half-baked "trainers" are camped out in just about every church,
vet and mall parking lot in existence making a buck however they can. They're
creating no end of problems--but perhaps they're doing SOMETHING and their
problems just might not be as bad as those that coming from total ignorance and
no training at all.
I watch and read Cesar.  Some things I like and some things I don't agree with
at all.  Much goes on that we don't see.  What I sometimes see is a single
session with a "red zone" dog which he then hands back to the owners.  I'm sure
there's much more to it than what is seen because that's rather like handing a
loaded pistol to a two-year-old to play with.
For those who want him off the air and think they can do better-- come on--have
at it--I'm watching and waiting.  Remember though that you must be prepared to
deal with the great, all-knowing TV producer people.
Marion