[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Central Region Futurity Canada

  • From: Wasatchgld@xxxxxxx
  • To: shephaven@xxxxxxxxxxx, zilla@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 14:09:28 EDT

Just got the GSDCA Board Meeting notes and saw a reference to
a proposal for a Breeders Showcase that would be open to amateur
handlers only and would be in conjunction with the regular futurity.
There really wasn't any other information in that email - this sounds
really interesting to me and I'd like to hear more details.  Seems  like
this would increase entries among those who can't afford (or get) the
professional handlers, while those who can will still be competing
at the same time.

I know the new board wants to limit PC business on this list, but
I don't know anywhere else to ask and see what anyone else thinks?
Is there more details on this suggestion posted anywhere?  Or,  can
anyone provide more details on the proposal?

Thanks,

Janice

In a message dated 5/9/2006 11:52:09 A.M. Mountain Daylight Time,
shephaven@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Jill
I hate to flog a dead horse, but I am going to anyway.
I  realize that the cost of gas, lodging and handlers has gone through the
roof and that is something that we cannot control, but the one thing that  I
hear every day from all over the country is "what is the point in  nominating
litters and entering Fut/Mat when you know you have NO chance  of winning.
Lynne and I have been very fortunate to have had the # 1  producing Female in
Canada twice in the last 5 years and we have done that  the hard way, by
showing quality animals. God knows, we don't have enough  friends to fix a
show. We don't have the money to hire the SUPER handlers  but some of the
very good ones have been kind enough to help out a couple  of old farts from
the Maritimes at a reasonabe price that we could  afford.
God bless them, they know who they are.
I have complained about  games being played at the Fut/Mat  for years and
years.I brought it  up at the GSDCC AGM last Sept. and was promtly told that
thay didn't want  to hear the word "corruption"
I am certainly not suggesting that all the  Specialties, and Fut/Mat have the
fix in. We all know that most of them  are not. There are a lot of good
honest people in this game. But it only  take a few bad apples to spoil the
barrell and they are the ones that are  getting most of the attention. One
particular Fut/Mat from last year got  National attention and has probably
cost our club, big time.Everyone knows  who was involved.
This sort of thing has to stop, and it has to stop  NOW  or it won't be long
before there is NO Fut/Mat shows in Canada  and followed shortly by no
Canadian National and no German Shepherd Dog  Club of Canada. I realize that
there are those out there that really don't  care, but as someone that has
been involved in this for 43 years, I can't  imaging life without the GSDCC
and the Canadian National.
I hope  I  havn't offended all the good folks out there, and there are so
many of you, but I certainly hope I have gotten the attention of the bad
apples,and you understand that we don't need you and don't want you  playing
in our sand box.
Wayne Ewart