[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Cell phones

  • From: sheila lieberman <dgshwpromo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2007 08:15:06 -0700 (PDT)

I have a complicated phone. A Palm Trio.  I do not use it for the internet
much, I do not play internet games.

  I do use the camera, I use the memo for my lists of shopping, packing and
other things.  I use the calendar to keep track of everything.  Kids,
appointments, business, and more.  I bought some card games that I use to wile
away time when I am waiting, and in the middle of the night when I can't sleep.

  I could not be with a phone that did less.  But I won't get the new Ipod
phone either.

  I hope you find what you want in a phone.
  sheila
Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx wrote:

In a message dated 7/8/2007 9:47:33 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx writes:
I need a new cell phone. They are outdating Analog serviced cell phones by
the end of July. Now,I don't want anything with all the bells and whistles.
Mine is a Nokia with nice large keys and large print. My son took me
shopping
at the Mall yesterday and I looked at every phone that AT&T,Nextel,Sprint
etc,etc had. They make them with so much stuff in them--read your
email--play
games-take pictures-- computers--everything but the "kitchen sink" As a
result,the keys are so small,us older folk have a hard time seeing
them,much less
punching the keys. I kept asking " doesn't anyone consider making just a
simple phone with large keys,and probably voice activated would be nice
also.
One person suggested a "Jitterbug "cell phone,but couldn't tell me where I
could get one to look at it. I don't run a business,only take it with me to
dog
shows and when I'm driving alone . I don't need thousands of minutes Anyone
know anything about this "Jitterbug"
phone Helen Miller Fisher

Go to jitterbug.com

I hear you about the phones. I have a new razor which I HATE! I tried to
adjust the volume when I first got it and instead took a picture of the
kitchen table. What a nightmare...it does too much, I don't want to play video
games or see the news, read e-mail, get my horoscope.... and the
navigation?????
If you EVER tried to use it while driving, the map is so small you'd run
off the road trying to see it!

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC
three generations of Dual Titled TC'd Champions live here!

visit www.geocities.com/pinehillgsds

photos & more.