[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Carpet cleaner advice

  • From: Fran Henry <fhenry1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dlholliday@xxxxxxx>, showgsd <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2005 12:32:43 -0700

I have a Hoover, and it does do a good job.

But I have an area of carpet [right in the MIDDLE of the living room LOL]
where multiple "accidents" have occurred.  It began with a dog that was
seriously ill, and after he died, my bitch continued to visit the area.  I
crate her at night now.

I've cleaned it myself; I've had it cleaned by a professional SEVERAL times.
It always looks great right after it's done, but then as the carpet dries,
the stain leaches up from the pad, and I'm right back where I started.

I did some research on various carpet cleaning methods, and I noted that
chemical methods, i.e. Chem Dry -- a professional, list as a negative, the
fact that the method only cleans the top area of the carpet.  I'm thinking
this might be the solution to my problem.  Replacing the carpet simply isn't
in the cards at the moment.

But I'm also leery of chemicals.  Anyone have experience with this method?
Or any other method?  How did your dogs handle it?

TIA

Fran