[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Carmen's OPPS?????????

  • From: Wasatchgld@xxxxxxx
  • To: murk@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2007 22:01:39 EDT

The letter was mishandled, but Carmen was acting on the
belief that the actual signed letter was delayed in the mail.  I
think he chose the wrong way to handle it - he could have
called Lew and requested a faxed signed copy, or initialed
the signature (a common business practice) to show he was
the actual signer.   At the same time, Lew should have
notified him as soon as he decided not to send the letter,
instead of leaving him to watch for it in the mail until the
deadline was there.

There was no intention to deceive - he was acting on the
only information he had when the deadline was up.

Janice

In a message dated 4/21/2007 7:17:23 P.M. Mountain Daylight Time,
murk@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
I read  the letter from JM............and there was something that just stuck
in my  throat about how easy he explained the letter opps? Lew said he would
send the  letter, the deadline was coming..........so Carmen just EXCUSE
ME............signs Lew's name to it???????? Jm tried to pass it off as a
"mistake"?  That is fraud pure and simple............that is NOT a  mistake!
In the broadest sense, a fraud is a deception made for personal  gain. The
specific legal definition varies by legal jurisdiction. Fraud is a  crime, and
is also a civil law violation. Many hoaxes are fraudulent, although  those not
made for personal gain are not technically frauds.
In my neck of  the woods.............signing someone else's name could easily
land you in  jail!
He pretty much stepped on it with track shoes for me  when he did that! I can
forgive a lot, but NOT that! Mo
Konigin German  Shepherds
Home of:
BISS Ch Abraxas Lil" Shot V Konigin, TC, CGC,  TDI
Konigin's Great Balls Afire, TC, CGC, TDI
2005 Hero-Goodwill  Ambassador
German Shepherd Dog Club of America
The legacy  continues

Janice  Buchanan
Wasatch-Gold German Shepherds
_http://wasatchgold.brinkster.net/_ (http://wasatchgold.brinkster.net/)

"If  our dogs were smarter, they could tell us what they were
thinking. If we  were smarter, they wouldn't need to."