[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Carmen Battaglia, an opinion

  • From: <ruready8336@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ELG440@xxxxxxx>,<showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2007 13:01:55 -0400

Nothing personal, but,I have been on this list for two years, and it has been
the thorn in my side, many times I might add, as to whether or not I joined the
GSDCA. I finally did because of the numerous good people and numerous positive
actions that other members of this list and the GSCA do portray.
I also found out rather quickly that the spew of gossip and crap and hurting
feelings came from the SAME few over and over and over.
Now, before anyone comes back w/ "what have u done for thew breed", or "how
many champions have u breed", etc, etc etc., I will readily admit that my
physical participation is new. However, it does not take a member w/ long
standing, many champions, or large pockets to see that what Jimmy posted is
true. I have responded to some of it in the past, only to get 20/30 responses
from other members who learned long ago not to sweat the crap from the few
others that seem to luv stirring the pot.

I have even been chastised for improper spelling, not signing my name, and
other trivial things. This is an email list people! Not a term paper!
Again, I luv the whole of the list and the GSDCA. and am looking forward to
moving forward w/ this great organization and to FINALLY being able to devote
the TIME, and HARD WORK needed to participate in such a great hobby. My years
of actually doing any of what u great advocates of the breed  have done are
very limited, however I have studied from U guys, have read book after book,
have been to show after show, have seen and touched many great SIres and Dams,
and have developed my interpretations of the standard(don't worry, I'm not
promoting anything diffrent :) ), and hav developed my own tastes, preferences,
etc.  And I am truly excited.
Sorry for rambling, but felt the urge this morning.
Regards,
Mike Crowson