[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Can't help them all

  • From: carolyn mckenna <carolynmckenna@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ketchy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ketchy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Sara Minsk <ninemaplefarm@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2011 10:45:37 -0800 (PST)

I believe you are quite right, Penny !
Carolyn

________________________________
 From: Penny & Bill <ketchy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Sara Minsk <ninemaplefarm@xxxxxx>
Cc: The  List <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, December 9, 2011 12:03 PM
Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Can't help them all

I AM DONE.  YOU DON'T WANT TO LEARN NO MATTER WHAT YOU SAY.  I
REPEAT:  THERE IS ONE BREED STANDARD.  I NEVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT
PETS (except to use the pet that I bought as an example.)  THIS A
CONFORMATION LIST.  IF YOU WANT TO TALK ABOUT PETS OR OTHER THINGS, I
AM SURE OTHER LISTS WOULD LOVE HAVING YOU.

DOES IT MAKE YOU FEEL BETTER BASHING THE SHOW RING?  SORRY--DON'T
ANSWER THAT.  I DON'T CARE.

Penny in NC
The Farm Dog
Member GSDCA since 1981

On Dec 9, 2011, at 12:51 PM, Sara Minsk wrote:

> So, a german shepherd is "pet quality" if it can't finish in the AKC
> ring?  That means it is not breed standard, correct? I am just
> trying to clarify for myself......
> Thus, it would seem, the show ring, and only the show ring, is what
> determines correct breed standard?  Is this correct?
> Is the show ring ever wrong? Has the show ring ever selected for
> things that are not necessary to correct breed standard?  I am just
> wondering.
> It seems that any standard is subject to interpretation and how that
> interpretation is utilized would determine the type of animal that
> would result.  But, please correct me, constructively, if I am
> incorrect.
> Sara
> On Dec 9, 2011, at 12:44 PM, Penny & Bill wrote:
>
>> Oh boy, here we go again. But as
>> I began to show in obedience and breed, I learned and could tell the
>> difference between the PET I bought and the correct dogs I was seeing
>> in the breed and obedience rings.  I read every book I could get my
>> hands on, talked to anyone who would talk to me; more importantly, I
>> listened.  As a newbie, I wasn't accusatory, demanding or unkind.  I
>> didn't have a chip on my shoulder because I had bought a pet.  I
>> learned from it!
>> Now it's off to VA Beach, where there are a couple of specialty shows
>> this weekend.  Yahoo!
>> Penny in NC
>> The Farm Dog

is Copyrighted 2011.  All material remains the property of the original author
Management. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

VISIT OUR WEBSITE - http://showgsd.org ;