[ SHOWGSD-L ] Candidates - How I See It

  • From: "Margery Golant" <mgolant@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 16:47:21 -0400

Dear Fellow GSDCA Members:

Many people have asked me how I am going to vote - and why.  I am not going
to go into a long analysis of the "why" but I will tell you that I DO want
BOTH KEN AND GAIL on the Board, and the ONLY way to have them both is to
vote for Ken for President.  Being President of the GSDCA is very difficult
job, even under 'normal' circumstances.  Being President of the GSDCA now is
a PARTICULARLY difficult job, even far beyond the normal, and unless there
is a very experienced person in that position, things in our Club will go
from bad to worse.  A term I have heard quite a lot recently to describe the
status of the Club in the hands of the current administration is "a
trainwreck".  Yes, the situation relating to me is one of the reasons, but
not even close to the only reason - starting with the Review Editor
selection mess, then moving to the Hunte mess, then to the Forgery mess,
then to the Recording Secretary mess, then to the By-laws / Code of Ethics
mess (and the input from the Hunte attorney into our legal affairs) and
there are other messes that we haven't even talked about yet.  We need
strong and experienced leadership.  There are two candidates for President.
One is a highly experienced past president.  The other is a good and decent
woman who has worked hard for our Club and who will, once things get back to
normal, be a good choice for GSDCA president - AFTER this mess is cleaned
up.  Gail knows that I think a lot of her, and I am sure she recalls that I
begged her to run two years ago, but I certainly understood why she could
not.  The problem is that timing is everything, and right now, given all
that has happened, we NEED Ken Downing at the helm to get the GSDCA back on
track.

So, the people I am voting for are:

PRESIDENT - Ken Downing

VICE-PRESIDENT - Tish Walker

RECORDING SECRETARY - Margery Golant

Board:

Joan Fox

Carolyn Martello

Laura Pruett

Roberta Kindy

Jeff Pyle

That will leave Gail on the Board, where we need her to be, and will give us
the benefit of BOTH of them running our Club, which would be a WIN-WIN
situation for the GSDCA.

There are other people running for the Board who, on another day and in
another time, might be great Board members, who I don't know, have never
served with, and so cannot say.  The people I have listed are people I have
worked with or know enough about to believe they can reel this mess in  -
THIS YEAR, we need the people I have listed above to unravel the current
mess and get our Club back on track.

Margy Golant