[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Candidate Questionaire

  • From: WALFLWR2@xxxxxxx
  • To: Stormy435@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 13:22:15 EDT

I agree completely, Stormy.  The fly in that ointment is that  I have found
that given a few years, or even 5-10 years, people forget or new  people
come to the breed that don't know the history.  I can recall several  major
storms that were widely discussed here and on other lists that appear to  have
been swept under someone's carpet.

I am NOT saying that all the current candidates are not forthright  and
honest.  Just pointing out the pitfalls.  Any questionnaire or  biography is
only as good as the people completing it.  I would  LOVE to assume every
answer or statement was sterling and heartfelt, but  from experience, I also
know
it is always tempting to present one's self in only  the brightest of
lights.  I have no doubt every single person running has a  sterling background
and lots of experience, but the biggest question in my mind  is "Do they play
well with others?  Are they willing to try to work with  those who may have
totally opposing views, for the betterment of the breed and  club?  Can
they foresee all facets of a problem?  Are they open to all  communication? Do
they offer constructive suggestions and solutions, or do  they only see the
negative sides of a problem or of those with a different take  on a
situation? Bottom line is are they in this election for the right  reasons?  Or
are
they doing this for their own ego  gratification?"

Lanalee

In a message dated 8/24/2009 1:06:24 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, Stormy435
writes:
If you  write falsely and you are elected by
those false words, then be sure  the members will remember the
difference between the words and the  actions.  So maybe it's better to
be honest and forthright at  the start???

steps!
=JulystepsfooterNO115)