[ SHOWGSD-L ] Cancer in Rottweilers - osteosarcoma, hemangiosarcoma and lymphoma

  • From: Stormy Hope <Stormy435@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx List" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2011 17:18:54 -0700

Should be interesting to more than Rottie owners.
More breeds being studied follows the Rottweiler discussion;

Cancer in RottweilersThu Apr 7, 2011 1:34 pm (PDT)

*Please forward: This show will be of interest also to other breeds, see
list below.

"Rottweilers, Then and Now" live talk show airs on FRIDAY APRIL 8th **

APRIL 8th at 11:00am PDT: Today's show will be "Cancer Research in
Rottweilers" with our special guest, Dr. Jaime Modiano, leading
research investigator at the Modian-lab at the University of Minnesota.
Dr. Modiano **has been involved with cancer research in canines for
decades and the lab is now researching osteosarcoma, hemangiosarcoma and
lymphoma in Rottweilers, many of you have sent in DNA samples from your
Rottweilers. http://www.modianolab.org
I am also proud to announce that we will have our **very own Michelle
Amtower, DVM **as our very special guest host this Friday. Dr. Amtower
will be directing the line of questioning.

Go to www.blogtalkradio.com/rottweilers
listen LIVE and/or participate via calling **(760) 825-0943 or **LIVE
CHAT located on the website. If you wish to talk to host outside of the
US, use Skype via the CLICK TO TALK button anytime during the show.

The Rottweiler Health Foundation has been assisting in the support of
these studies...this is where your dollars are going and it is awesome!
The Foundation needs your continued contributions. If you need more
detailed information on the specific research, you can find it at
http://www.rottweilerhealth.org

If you cannot participate live, please submit your questions so that I
can email them to both Dr. Amtower and Dr. Modiano.

NEW TIME ZONES:
Friday Los Angeles = 11:00am PDT
Friday New York = 2:00pm EDT
Friday Mexico City = 1:00pm CDT