[ SHOWGSD-L ] Canadian National Update - Part 2

  • From: "Jack Kilgour" <jackkilgour@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2012 22:27:16 -0700

Dear German Shepherd Dog Fanciers,
Iâ??m finally getting caught up on rest after an event-packed G.S.D.C. of
Canada National Specialty show. Several days ago I wrote about the Education
Seminar and I expressed my gratitude to all who helped make it a success.

The Kitchener Auditorium is our Clubâ??s premier facility and anyone who has
been there undoubtedly knows why. It is spacious, climate-controlled, with a
huge ring, and lush sod that is securely laid for optimal safety and
performance. Itâ??s a judgesâ?? favorite and a handlerâ??s dream-ring.

I feel grateful we have The Golden Triangle German Shepherd Dog club as the
Host Club, year after year. Like many clubs these days, their membership is
small. Thankfully their commitment to excellence is unwavering.

Bill and Joanne Randall and Christine and John Gibbons are the core Golden
Triangle Club members. I know the Randallâ??s son, Jim, has also worked
diligently for as long as I can remember. Joanne has been the Show Secretary of
the Nationals for the last thirty (30) years!!! Yes, 30 years.....almost
unbelievable â?? but true nonetheless!! Christine Gibbons works tirelessly,
year after year, as the National Coordinator (Chairperson) and John Gibbons
never stops capturing some of the best video-footage Iâ??ve ever seen in dogs.
His prices are reasonable, the quality is superb and listening and learning
from the Judgeâ??s critiques is priceless.

Bill is a past-president of our National Club and to be sure heâ??s in the
Auditorium from morning until night making sure things run smoothly. We
havenâ??t needed to designate an official bouncer/all-around thug but heâ??d
sure be the guy Iâ??d hire if necessary. <g> All kidding aside, Bill is a
strong, opinionated leader who speaks up for what he believes in. Who can argue
with that? We need more people like him!

What a pleasure it was to watch three great friends of mine do their job
judging our noble breed! We all want our friends to rise to the top, donâ??t
we? Karin Wagner, Frank Fasano and Sue Godek...you did just that!

What resonates with me is their high level of consistency, professionalism and
passion in the ring. Please stay with me as I go on (with pride) about their
judging for a few moments.

Karin Wagner gave Canada two new beauties for our history books â?? her
Futurity and Maturity Victrix choices! Karin's Winners Dog, from the Canadian
Bred Class, is everything weâ??ve come to expect from her exceptional judging
over the years. He is confident, correct, and so functional in motion. Awesome
to see this youngster go Select the next day. Thank you Karin!!

Frank Fasano had the honor of crowning our Futurity and Maturity Victors and we
thank him for finding such exceptional young males. Itâ??s been some time since
Iâ??ve felt such suspense and pride watching a Winners Bitch class. What an
excellent line-up of class winners Frank gave us! His ultimate choice for
Winners Bitch, again from Canadian Bred, went on to Select 2 the next day.
Thank you Frank!!

Sue Godek had the dream assignment of judging Best of Breed. Sue has been a
mentor to me for more years than she knows. Iâ??ve watched her judge at least
10 shows in her career and she always is true to herself. Temperament â?? Type
â?? Function. I've learned so much from Sue. Observing her procedure and noting
her choices has made me a better German Shepherd Dog fancier.

Sue Godek's National judging gave me cause to stand up and cheer for her and
for our breed. Nancy Godek-McDonald never looked more beautiful as she beamed
with pride watching her Mom do it right.

Sue gave us a Grand Victor who has confidence and nobility and who has a fire
for life in his eyes! Watching Capi work in the ring with Lenny was such a
sight to behold. What a dog!

Then came Pocahontas on the bitch side. She seduced the lot of us in Vancouver
last year and she came back with Michael to collect the Best of Breed honor.
What a bitch!

Thank you Sue. Canada loves you â?? and Iâ??m so proud to call you my friend.

So itâ??s Kitchener again next year and weâ??ll be communicating all the
details soon. Please consider coming up for our show â?? we work hard to make
beautiful, lasting memories.

jack kilgour