[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Canadian Kennel Club in trouble?

  • From: "Ron Peet & Jenn Somogyi" <foxfels@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "Art & Giselda" <scotties@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2010 16:39:02 -0400

After some serious mismanagement - over the last several years, not
necessarily only due to the poor economy - the CKC finds itself in the hole
by over $600 000.
They have approached the President of each all breed and breed club as well
as each member, asking for donations to help bail them out.  There is no
mention of where the funds go, where they went to begin with, nor what will
be done to prevent this in the future - although I can personally think of
one or two ways...  Any CKC member can tell you about the ridiculous
spending and agreements we find forced upon ourselves within the last 5
years or so.  And by the way - there aren't any more life members, because
they couldn't make any money on those!

The CKC will not sink, they have the staying power of Ford, GM and Chrysler.
And perhaps if they did go down, we could have some restructuring to benefit
the club, the dogs and the members.

We were in receipt of four letters, one for the GSDCC, one for the all breed
club we manage and one for each of our memberships.  I have no say other
than opinion on behalf of the GSDCC, but as for the other three, sink or
swim baby, I've had it....

Just venting MHO,

Jenn
~~