[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Canada question

  • From: Gail BAUMAN <gailbauman1@xxxxxxx>
  • To: ShowGSDs <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2009 17:32:33 -0600

Oh H*LL NO - they were FAR WORSE when we went in than when we came back to the
US - the US BP could have cared LESS about my dogs - didn't ask me for
anything, but both times I've taken puppies up to Canada we've been stopped,
vehicle searched, and we were detained both times by the CANADIAN BP.  I will
NEVER go to Canada again with dogs!!!Gail Bauman Liebchen German Shepherds
www.geocities.com/liebchenkennels> From: marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> To:
Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx; candiasgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx; showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Canada question> Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2009 12:27:39
-0800> > As I recall........they are worse about getting back IN the States
than going into Canada....but> things change all the time. I agree with
Molly......take it all.> Carolyn marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> www.Marhaven.com>
----- Original Message ----- > From: Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx To:
candiasgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx ; showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Sent: Friday, January 02,
2009 11:29 AM> Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Canada question>
Incandiasgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:> I am considering taking a dog or two to
Canada this year to show. I have > never shown in Canada and haven't been there
in years. I just got on the > CKC website and printed the forms to register my
dogs in Canada. What > else do I need to do? I have a passport and will make
sure it's not > expired. How about vaccinations on the dogs, etc.> > > > > You
must be current on rabies and I have been asked for health certificates. >
Twice I was asked to show their papers and prove ownership. I take a file >
folder with all their info in just in case. > > Molly> > > > > Trillia German
Shepherds since 1972 ph 409-287-3940> Member GSDCA, GSDCC, GSDC of Beaumont
(recording secretary), Life member CKC> "The greatest discovery of any
generation is that a human being> can alter his life by altering his
attitude"-William James> **************New year...new news. Be the first to
know what is making > headlines.
(http://www.aol.com/?ncid=emlcntaolcom00000026)> > >
POST is Copyrighted 2008. All material remains the property of the original
Showgsd-l Management. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. > > ALL PERSONS ARE ON NOTICE THAT
THE FORWARDING, REPRODUCTION OR USE IN ANY MANNER OF ANY MATERIAL WHICH APPEARS
ON SHOWGSD-L WITHOUT THE EXPRESS PERMISSION OF ALL PARTIES TO THE POST AND THE
LIST MANAGEMENT IS EXPRESSLY FORBIDDEN, AND IS A VIOLATION OF LAW. VIOLATORS OF
THIS PROHIBITION WILL BE PROSECUTED. > > For assistance, please contact the
List Management at admin@xxxxxxxxxxxx> > VISIT OUR WEBSITE -
http://showgsd.org> NATIONAL BLOG - http://gsdnational.blogspot.com/>
List Management at admin@xxxxxxxxxxxx> > VISIT OUR WEBSITE -
http://showgsd.org> NATIONAL BLOG - http://gsdnational.blogspot.com/>