[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Can a Dog Be Too Muscular?

  • From: carolyn mckenna <carolynmckenna@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, chstormdog@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2010 09:18:25 -0700 (PDT)

What does "looked too muscular" have to do with the breed ring? In any breedthe
breed ring is to reward superior breeding stock -  type and
structure. Conditioning is the icing on the cake. The Mal standard calls for a
wellmuscled dog; so many are not. The Broadcreek dogs are renowned fortheir
excellence so when someone makes a comment like this, just smileand thank him
for his (obviously novice) opinion.
Carolyn