[ SHOWGSD-L ] Campaigning, and the List

  • From: WLFHRTGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 12:20:38 EDT

The suggestion made by Pat G. to have a spreadsheet format for members and
potential members to answer questions seems very logical.  When I first joined
the PC, there was no list.  All we received at election time were the
biographies of the candidates.

Though campaigning isn't allowed on the list, I know that I have formed
opinions of people (even if I haven't met them) based on the content of their
posts
and by their voting records.

I would also like to note that whenever I have approached a board or
committee member -- by phone or e-mail, I have ALWAYS had the courtesy of an
answer.

The issues that face us today in the breed do come up on the list, whether it
be the number of selects, declining entries and membership, or PETA and other
AR groups.  We all talk about them.

Just my opinion, but if a board member talks about Selects in January, it's
discussion.  If they talk about now & until the election, it's "campaigning."
I've corresponded with more than one board member, and the ones I have "
spoken" (via e-mail) to generally do not enter into our debates on the list.
Again,
my opinion, but I believe that this particular group stays OUT of the
conversations to avoid ANY appearance of impropriety.

It's possible, even probable, that some listers view the lack of input as
just the opposite -- not wanting "us" to know what they think.

I have no idea who on the list is a PC member (yes, I am) or even the
percentage of listers who are NOT members of the GSDCA.

For those listers who are NOT PC members, you all read the same posts and see
what issues the board is grappling with.  If any of these topics are
important to YOU personally, (and I hope they ARE) PLEASE join the PC and have
the
right to vote for the candidates you think will best serve the membership.

Regards,

Kelly Busse
Wolfheart German Shepherds