[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Calling all Rescues

  • From: stormy435 <stormy435@xxxxxxx>
  • To: barbmarkh@xxxxxxx, "showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, MZ66@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2008 14:04:43 -0800

:You all are doing such an important and giving part of what breeding is about.
 We do what we can, and some can do more than others. And some do
spectacularly.  Thank you all who rescue and pull, transport and rehome, foster
and communicate the needs. Anybody  who Breeds and/or shows or owns GSDs can be
part of the great effort. Is it a duty?  No.  An obligation?  No.  But sure
does feel good to even give a small contribution or help in some way.
Thank you all again.

Now back to reminding that we have another part of "being part of" owning an
animal.  Protecting that right to "own" one.  :-)

Stormy Hope
California

On Dec 27, 2008, at 10:40:31 AM, barbmarkh@xxxxxxx wrote:
Well it's the end of another year - but for Rescue this year has really
been a big one I think. Dawn and her LHSH gang have really brought the
topic to the fore front for many people - and the economy has made us
more aware of how many of our beloved breed are showing up in shelters
through no fault of their own . . . I know about how many LHSH reports
to have helped which is FANTASTIC and I know we all appreciate what
LHSH has done for rescue - but I also know that LHSH isn't a rescue or
a shelter - so how about you guys doing the actual pull and re-home
part -