[ SHOWGSD-L ] California...murderers have appeals. What do the dogs get?

  • From: Peggy <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gsd list <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 16:01:12 -0400

    Imagine it...665 people being maintained by the state...that
includes medical care, too...not just meals and "housing."  Over the
last 30 years, California has only executed 13 death row inmates...just
one more than the number who took their own lives (12).  The names of
some of the inmates on Death Row in the Golden State are infamous...they
are known to everyone who ever read a book or a newspaper, or watched
news on television:  Charles Manson, Richard Ramirez (the Night
Stalker), William Bonin (known as the Freeway Killer,) and the Hillside
Stranglers, Angelo Buono and Kenneth Bianchi.
       If you live in California, aren't you happy that your money is
keeping those monsters alive and well, and that it will soon be used to
take away your hobby?  If you are a California voter, doesn't it bother
you that your legislators are taking the word of a fool like Levine with
regard to "statistics" and facts, rather than finding out for themselves
that
his inflated numbers include more feral cats than dogs at all, or that
his claims of msn in Santa Cruz solved the shelter problem there, when
it is a proven fact that after msn
passed in Santa Cruz, the shelter population increased?
       Personally, I am in favor of no death row at all...well, OK,
maybe one appeal...then fry the suckers............and leave the damn
dogs alone!    I guess in California it is better to
feed and care for murderers than to breed dogs............at least in
the eyes of the state's legislators!

Yes, yes, I know I tend to be extreme...but think about
it...........which would you prefer?  Murderers, or dogs?
Peggy