[ SHOWGSD-L ] California the state of fruits and nuts

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2010 11:58:34 EDT

In a message dated 8/8/2010 8:11:44 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
Tindrock1@xxxxxxx writes:

Evan  you love to criticize me and I love it!  Actually, I went to all  of
the west coast nationals but you are right, they were a long time ago,
back
in the 90's if I remember correctly, right?  There was the  one in LA;
there
was one in San Diego (wasn't there); then  Scottsdale, which I realize
isn't
CA  just for the record. Other than  those 3, the rest have all been in the
north,  like Utah, Colorado,  etc.

I didn't mean to criticize Cheryl and didn't think I did.

There were two shows in California in Burbank.  Dick Jennings in my
office, when he heard Ernie Loeb was judging said, without missing a beat, "The

last time he judged the national, he cut the next three Grand Victors in the
first cut."  Who knows stuff like that?  And I did check, and he was  right.

We were in San Diego for a national  , I tore a hamstring in Specials
under Fred Migliori, and I was drugged up for the end of the show. I thought it

was just me, but the fog rolled in and we couldn't see the dogs.  Helen
Franklin gave me a pain pill, and it worked.

I hate a local national. I want to travel. The last one in California
required me to drive home and repair a water leak. I dug up the pipe, replaced
it with PVC, and then went into the house to take a shower and realized I
had  turned off the water and couldn't turn it on for 24 hours.  I drove back
to  San Diego filthy and dripping mud.

I would much rather travel to the National, but there are many people in
California who want to attend a national and won't fly dogs.  I probably
will never fly a dog myself.

I prefer an airplane.

Evan L.  Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds