[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: California AB1634

  • From: Stormy435@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 00:30:48 EDT

If it's over 4 months old, it has to be S/N.  Nothing about selling it
anyplace, but I'm sure they'll require a sales receipt to go with the breeding
business license and breeding permit. :-(,   And no, the out-of stater is not
exempt (one  of the issues that the consultant brought up...he may 'fix' that.)
STormy
In a message dated 4/15/07 8:53:10 PM, pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Is it true, or just a nasty rumour, that if this bill passes, you
> won't even be able to sell your dogs out of state unless you spay/neuter
> them before they leave
> California?   I've been given to understand that if an out-of-stater
> wants to go to California on vacation (think...dog show weekend) that
> poor slob can't bring an entire dog or cat with him/her...........no
> animals allowed into the state unless they've been spayed or
> neutered............
>
>     I think you guys have some real loonies running things out
> there...and whoever it was who suggested writing to Arnold to veto the
> bill if it passes,
> where have you been hiding?   That man is not animal friendly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
>     The kennel clubs, breed clubs, and veterinarians had best be doing
> their very best to defeat this crazy law...because if it passes, we are
> looking at the end of purebred dog breeding and showing (and cats, too)
> in the entire State of California.  The commercial breeders will be the
> only source of puppies...impulse purchases and the like...and some idiot
> thinks this will lower the shelter population?
>
>          Peggy

~~~~~~~~
Stormy Hope
California Federation of Dog Clubs