[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Calif. & GSD faces euthanazia due to owner's death

  • From: "Stormy V. Hope" <stormy435@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Carolyn Martello <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2014 16:48:22 -0800

Every time that I caution people about using anthropomorphic terms when
discussing their dogs, I get…”Well, they’re just like family” and “I don’t have
children now, and they are just like my children, I guess we’re their mother or
Pet Parents”  Or calling them "my furkids."

And then when the vote comes up in Berkeley or in Boulder or in anyplace that
from this point on dogs and cats owners will be called guardians or caretakers,
the voters just don’t see anything wrong with it.  Until the next step closer
to the goal posts occur and some court says that guardian trumps owner in that
city, county state and thinks the Guardian isn’t care-taking enough.

And yes, I call my dogs “babe” and “sweetie,” I can’t help the words of
endearment… they are just there.  But I don’t tell them to come to Mommy or
Mommy will fix your dinner now.

And if I had a chicken, I wouldn’t call her my Sister Snow, either.  If you
haven’t heard the story,

http://blog.sfgate.com/stew/2014/10/13/animal-activist-interrupts-s-f-diners-with-tearful-rant/

Stormy

Stormy V. Hope