[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Calif. & GSD faces euthanazia due to owner's death

  • From: "Carolyn Martello" <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Jen Proud'" <proudk911@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2014 16:29:24 -0800

Well I believe opinions do count.   Try telling someone who
has a different opinion than yours that their opinion does
not count!  {:o)
But every opinion is not correct....in MY opinion... <G>

I do not live in Berkeley....and we do not ever visit that
'City by the Bay'.   The citizens of Berkeley are not horrified
at all....but most ( in Berkeley )  agree with the Ordinance.
THAT'S BERKELEY!!
Either way...I don't agree with your opinion that California
needs to take us out of existence either!!   I love this
State and the area we live in up in Northern California.
(that does not mean I like our politicians..just our State)
But then I seldom agree with any politician...ESPECIALLY
in California.  {:o)

Carolyn  marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.marhaven.com

From: Jen Proud [mailto:proudk911@xxxxxxxxx]
To: Carolyn Martello Cc: candiasgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx; Showlist
Subject: Re: GSD faces euthanazia due to owner's death

Well what is right is right and opinions don't count here, Carolyn!
Too bad that shelter doesn't see it that way...
How horrifying for the citizens of Berkley.  There's nothing else I can say, but
AMEN when it comes to my dogs having rights when they work to take care of me
instead!    If it weren't for all MY money they spend, I wouldn't have to go
out and work a job at all! I could stay home and just collect my pension!! (But
then I'd be stir-crazy- Hey OT... But... FB you're bored and need a greeter job
at your local Walmart to keep you busy!  Make sure to wear navy & khaki or you
might end up on one of those Walmart photo sites though! LMAO)
Carolyn, if we as people are only "caretakers" of companion animals out there
in Cali, what provisions are there to circumvent "informed consent" as a
"caretaker" cannot make medical decisions for the principal, nor financial...
You know where I'm going though!  So how does that "go"?  I sure hope these
unanswerable questions are quickly posed, so governments can see that changing
a pet from a possession to an independent entity with individual rights won't
be working out so good, when people can't leash their dog anymore to keep it
from being hit by a car, causing an accident with the school bus oncoming and
killing many, because "he didn't want to wear a leash and I can't legally make
him anymore" thanks to laws like these. Mark my words, once the human damages
start piling up due to idiocies as these, people will be calling for the
once-such-a-great-idea to be rescinded promptly. Wonder how that dog at-large
who caused, yet escaped injury in the accident, is going to pay his legal bills
and lawsuit settlement for causing wrongful death; or will it be deemed a
negligent homicide and the dog be imprisoned for a set term instead?  But the
families could still sue...
Doesn't anyone out there in Berkley CA see the fallacy of their actions?!?
Un-freaking-believable.
Yall normal folk need to get up and run. California really needs to earthquake
right out of existence and crumble to the sea about now if this is the
"progressive legislation" they are forcing upon their communities.... And
before it catches on elsewhere!
>:-\

Jen P & her Pack wondering why Jen's about to have an apoplexy

On Friday, December 19, 2014, Carolyn Martello <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
While I often don't agree with Jen I certainly do on this one!
( clipped to shorten it.... I apologize Jen. )
Here in Calif. the town of Berkeley actually passed an Ordinance
that those who have pets are not allowed to "own" their pets...
they are only considered to be  "Caretakers".   ??
I figure we will just be "caretakers" when our dogs learn to
pay their own bills and drive themselves to the Vet...and lay
awake nights worrying about us when WE develop a limp!    <G>

Carolyn  marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.marhaven.com

] On Behalf Of Jen Proud Subject:Re: GSD faces euthanazia due to owner's death

How sad is this!  I hate to say it, but Bela needs to get a disposition
yesterday!!
I am sorry, but dogs are our PROPERTY and we as their OWNER have the right to
make whatever provisions we choose for them. He shouldn't be sitting in a
shelter for weeks, lonely and miserable with no person anymore, in a strange
setting.   Some of yall may call me crazy, but I think Bela should have been
euthanized on the 26th of November!!!
If this dog has any protective instincts, he will be labeled "aggressive" and
condemned to a kennel run for the rest of his days at "best friends animal
sanctuary" out there in Utah where the land is big and there's no neighbors to
hear nor see....   Better off dead, IMHO.
This is another fine example of the erosion of people's minds when it comes to
companion animals. NOT fur kids or pet parents and all that crap; we are their
OWNERS and have the right to do as we please for our dogs outside of a rabies
shot mandated by law every 1-3 years, and provide proper care for them.
I am afraid for a day that might come where people like me will be unable to
put their service dog's "work clothes" on and live an independent life
anymore...  God forbid, I'm using my companion animal to make my life
livable...  Without whom I would have to live in assisted living and be
handicapped instead of handi-capable as I am now with a dog always at my side.
I am just horrified that there might be some crazy idiot who feels that they
have some god complex where their desires supersede my last will and testament
when it comes to my pets!

Jen P & her Pack

--
JayDee's Proud-Haus Shepherds/Proud K911 Canine Consulting
Committed to the Total Dog you can be Proud of!!!

is Copyrighted 2014.  All material remains the property of the original author
permitted without prior permission of both the original author AND of the

any post. POSTS CANNOT BE USED IN A COURT OF LAW.

http://showgsd.org/mail.html