[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: CRASH

  • From: "Peggy" <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Stormy435@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2008 19:05:46 -0500

y'all should move here.  The limit in most parts of Richmond is 45, and
almost everyone drives about 10 miles slower.  No one moves when the lights
change, either...they all wait to see if anything is going to happen...
drove me nuts when I first moved here...and other than at the lights (I'm a
rabbit at a traffic light most of the time), I find myself driving just as
slowly as the rest of them.
    If you drive the limit here, you're likely to get stopped...and there
are cops everywhere......
   nobody seems to know what access lanes are for, and if there's a light
coming up 200 yards down the road, they all hit their brakes and go even
slower.
   Of course, one can always try to leave town, which requires driving on I
95...going South is OK, but Northbound, as soon as you cross the river, is
so packed with cars that you can't do the speed limit there most of the
time, either!
      No joke...I've never seen drivers like this.  And you guys in
California have no idea what it's like......  for those of us who learned to
drive in New York, our firmest belief is that nobody else knows how to drive
at all, and we can prove it by having you drive into Manhattan!
LOL..
     BUT...I hear the highways in Oregon are doing away with major
intersections and putting in roundabouts (circles) just like in the
UK............ if they did that here in Richmond, there are people who
honest to pete would never get anywhere...ever!    These people don't know
how to blend into traffic, you see!
    The first spring I was here I got a speeding ticket...my first since I
was a teenager...and I was only 3 miles over the limit (48 mph).  Change it
to a parking ticket?  Not here, honey....you pay...that's it.
      Peggy