[ SHOWGSD-L ] CORRECTION...AB 1634 in Sacramento

  • From: "Carolyn" <marhaven@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <marhaven@xxxxxxx>, <edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "freelist" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 20:16:40 -0700

I have to apologize and make one correction to this post because my senility is
showing again.
The name I mentioned for you to vote for should be DAVE COX..........Not Wally
Cox who was a
few years ago and I guess I'm dealing some regressing in my memory.
It was DAVE COX who spoke of the ammendment nonsense to Mr.
Levine...........sorry....

Carolyn  marhaven@xxxxxxx
www.marhaven.com
    From: Edwin Hill To: freelist Sent: Wednesday, July 11, 2007 12:19
PMSubject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Today in Sacramento

           I attended today's hearing on AB1634, sat next to GSDCA Board member
Carolyn Martello  ( an extremely smart woman)...both sides were given 20
minutes to speak and then the State Senators asked a few questions...Levine
opened and several other pro AB1634 folks followed him...next the anti AB1634
folks spoke for 20 minutes....it was my opinion that Levine was clearly on the
run, he offered the Senate more amendments to the bill, The Senate committee
refused. It was my opinion that Levine wanted to pull this bill but he had to
"save face" with his organization, who ever that is. It was finally agreed upon
to shelve this Bill until January 08...so It ain't over, but if I read the
Senate committee panel correctly the way the bill stands today is not going to
fly...of course Carolyn may have gotton a different opinion. Levine however did
impress me with one thing he said today...he said he had problems with the
opposition because "they" have refused to acknowledge that the
   re
     is a problem and they failed to meet and talk about agreeable solutions. I
don't know if that's true or not, but the fact remains there is a problem and
we do kill far too many cats and dogs in shelters...AB1634 goes way overboard
in trying to correct the problem, however the "powers that be" on both sides of
this issue need to get together soon and have honest discussions to resolve
this issue!...I also spoke to a nice lady who shook my hand ( she was pro
AB1634)....we both agreed on the subject of the AKC...I can't repeat what we
said on this list.....two more weeks and I'm back to school!......FB