[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: CONTINENTAL clarification

  • From: "Carolyn Martello" <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "The List" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 11:17:26 -0700

post is if those flights
posted are with the dog being shipped BY ITSELF.......or WITH YOU and your
flight?
In actuality......none of it is new ...except they now let you pick up the dog
in the Terminal
when shipped by itself....and that makes it sound so much better......but in
the end the dog
STILL goes out to the plane and in the cargo area just like baggage.    They
just charge full
shipping charges.......so the $25. coupon doesn't make that much difference.

The "terminology"  of not being shipped as "baggage"   makes people more secure
and think they are treated different and better than other airlines and they
are not.
The dog ALWAYS goes through the terminal with you when you fly WITH the dog
and
if I am flying the dog by itself......I PREFER to go to Cargo where I can park
easier and
just walk in.......the dog still ends up in the belly of the plane and goes to
that airline's
main hub for connections either way!
ALL  or almost all Continental flights connect in Houston as that is their main
hub.   They are the
only one ( so far ) that charge FULL price for the dog when it flies with you
and not as excess
baggage.
SOUNDS good.........but the dog still flies in baggage.........they just CHARGE
more!  <G>

In other words....if we were to fly our male with us to Ohio on Continental it
would cost us
about $500 EACH way!
To fly other airlines.....BECAUSE they fly them as  "excess baggage"   ( merely
a term )
I can fly the same dog for $200 or less.......and he still goes through the
terminal with us and
no matter what......ends up in the belly of the plane with the baggage.    <G>

Carolyn    marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.Marhaven.com