[ SHOWGSD-L ] CONCERNS FOR THE FUTURE

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2009 22:07:50 EDT

In a message dated 9/7/2009 5:07:48 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
shadowland22000@xxxxxxxxx writes:
CONCERNS  FOR THE FUTURE

I am concerned that we not elect a board based on  past
issues, personality conflicts of the past,  people of vision and  leaders
who
can innovate for the future.

Here are some of the  signs:
1. Entries continue to decline

3.  Animal rights legislation continues to create confusion and an
anti-breeder sentiment

4.  Our society is changing and is increasingly losing touch with our
American  agricultural roots.

5. The  economy is not what is once was and increasingly discretionary
spending is  dwindling.

.
6.  A simple look around the ring will tell this story. We are an aging
sport.

7. Some  European nations are now more than 50% committed to mid-east
religions  that believe the dog to be unclean.

8. And  there are other signs, (add your own observations) that clearly
spell out  challenges to our club and the sport we have enjoyed.

All of that is because of what happened in the past.  Rather than  ignore
the past, the past actions, the past votes, the past board, we should  look
to what got us here and rather than ignore the past, try to learn from  it.

I agree with Dave that we need to look to the future, but what happened in
the past is how we should judge how we want to move forward.  If we want to
 change the future, we need to remember what caused us to get to this
point.

Evan L.  Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/