[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: COMCAST

  • From: "Janice Buchanan" <wasatchgsd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: List <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2008 14:24:51 -0600

If Comcast continues giving problems, some people could try using Gmail.
It's
Google's free email service.  I changed to Gmail when I left AOL because I
was
worried that my AOL account would be gone.  Turns out that email account is
still there, but I've kept Gmail for all of my lists because it has worked
out so well.
So far it hasn't blocked any list mail (except for a few they think are
questionable due
to headings <g> - but they go into my Spam and can easily be pulled out.  It
also
groups all replies to a post under the original one so if there's something
interesting,
you don't have to scroll through everything to find out what someone was
replying
to.  Also makes it easy to delete a post and all the responses with a single
click
- comes in handy for some of the "Off Topic" strings that don't interest
you.

Of course, if too many switch we might get the same problem from too many
emails as AOL, Comcast and Yahoo keep running into :(

It also doesn't show my own posts under the Inbox - unless I'm replying to
another post.   At first I wasn't sure if my posts were getting to the lists
unless
someone replied to me.  Sometimes you just can't win!

Janice

On Sat, Aug 30, 2008 at 10:31 AM, ADMINISTRATION <admin@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Comcast has decided that our server MIGHT POTENTIALLY SPAM their clients
> and have set us
> to being blocked for a few days
>
> There is not dealing with Comcast
>
> They use a service called sendercode
>
> According to their service we are not on any blacklists, have everything in
> place to prevent
> spam, but because the volume is HIGH we are considered POTENTIAL SPAMMERS.
>  Of
> course for a large fee they will put us on their special list to prevent
> this
>
> Can you say RANSOM and EXTORTION
>
> And I mean a large fee!!!
>
> As usual, when there are problems with any ISP, it is posted ont he front
> page of the
> showgsd.org website
>
> We have written privately to all comcast subscribers suggestioning that
> they get a gmail or
> yahoo account for the 3 days every 2 weeks that this happens with comcast
>
> Everyone on comcast is set to vacation to prevent the server from crashing
> and to bring down
> our sendercode score (bounces cost us dearly - and when you cross post to
> more than one list-
> the bounces jump up our sendercode score causing comcast to block us!)
>

> Showgsd-l Administration
> New Url: http://www.showgsd.org
> Email Changes: http://www.showgsd.org/mail.html
> Admin: admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
> ANNOUNCE CURRENT LITTERS: http://www.showgsd.org/goodlitterbox.html
> THE NATIONAL BLOG http://gsdnational.blogspot.com/

> original author and of GSD Communication, Inc. NO REPRODUCTIONS or FORWARDS
> of any kind are permitted without prior permission of the original author
>  AND of the Showgsd-l Management. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

> PROSECUTED.

> VISIT OUR WEBSITE - www.showgsd.org

Janice Buchanan
Wasatch-Gold German Shepherds, UT