[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: COLOR - Another Solution

  • From: Helen Franklin <helenfranklin520@xxxxxxx>
  • To: marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 17:18:05 -0500 (EST)

May I humbly disagree.  If we need to become a "color breed" so that ALL those
that love their German Shepherds can belong to one group which promotes the
health, future and the prosperity of our breed, then why not.  If a white
German Shepherd has the same brain as a Black and Tan German Shepherd, how
could you not love it, or how could the person who happened to purchase their
first dogs that was white?  Until 1967, it was not a disqualifying fault!  Let
those who love their German Shepherds join our family if they wish to.  When
you love your dog, are you loving the color or are you loving the mind and the
personality?  Are you loving the way the dog looks at you, the way the dog
protects you,the way the dog plays with the kids, or the way the dog has rich
brown feet?  Are you loving the way the dog puts his head in your lap, the way
the stands between you and danger, the way he always knows who's good and bad,
or his black saddle?  Sorry!  A GERMAN SHEPHERD IS A GERMAN SHEPHERD.  If they
were acceptable in 1967 they are not an abomination in 2012.  They are not
acceptable again in Germany and shown in a special class.  It's not about a
"color breed"...... it's about A BREED.
Helen Franklin

From: Helen Franklin To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Sent: Tuesday, February 28,
2012 1:17 PM
Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] COLOR - Another Solution

The Cocker Spaniel and other breeds were able to solve the
color problem by splitting into ââ?¬Å?varieties.ââ?¬ï¿½

This may be an excellent solution for GSD�s.  Variety One:  With Color
(including  Blk & Red, B & T, Black, Sable)  Variety Two: White,
Variety Three:  Long Coat With Color,  Variety Four: Long Coat White
Disqualified: any other color or variety.

THE ONLY PROBLEM, AKC �.THEY SAY NO MORE VARIETIES.
Would we want to change their minds?
Helen Franklin, 48 year member GSDCA

"A German Shepherd owns the ground he stands on....
 ...he does not run or bite if you wish to share it!"