[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: COATS again..eh?

  • From: "Carolyn" <marhaven@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <melanagsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 19:31:59 -0700

I can only hope the integrity of the quality of our normal coats never takes us
to that point.......   <G>
Carolyn    marhaven@jps,net
www.Marhaven.com
  From: "Carolyn" <marhaven@xxxxxxx>
  > We all have coats that we just LOVE occasionally......but we also have to
admit that most of the \general public asks "what breed it is"......it is just
such an obvious  fault.
  > Once you've owned one in the Country  ( i.e. dirt, stickers, fox tails, >
etc. )  you have to admit
  > to the reason they are considered a fault.
  > Too much to deal with for a blind person.....too much to deal with on a
real Country working
  > dog and in wet country......certainly a fault that can be spotted clear
across the show sites.
  > Many chose to incorporate them into a breeding program......but hopefully
the quality of the
  > dogs being shown will always be such that we can easily afford to NOT give
a coat the points.
  > <G>
  > We don't keep them for breeding either......but am certainly NEVER adverse
to breeding one
  either if someone else does.   <G>>
  Just finished two Champions out of a coated bitch and she helped prove  that
BOOKER did