[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: COATS

  • From: BonJenShepherds@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 08:46:15 EDT

In a message dated 10/11/2007 2:05:50 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
arelee_1020@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Long  coats are not disallowed in the breed ring. Unless the GSD Standard
changed while I was sleeping. Long coats are not a disqualifying  fault.

I have seen judges place coated dogs
 Right, they are "allowed" in the since that they won't be kicked  out & you
can use them to build points for someone else to win.   It's just minor fault
but because of it so obvious a fault its causing  these long coats to be
placed as pets when they could offer the breed so much.  It's hard enough these
days to finish a reg. coated GSD much less one with a  fault that is so plain
see, no matter how minor it is considered on  paper.

<<<I don't recall the show, the judge, or the animal, as it was  years ago,
but
I have seen judges place long coats. And I am not speaking of  one isolated
incident>>>

Who is going to drag a long coat around the country (and pay handlers) with
the hopes that it might PLACE someday (if the stars are aligned & all is
right with the world<vbg>)? Do any of you guys out there remember seeing  long
coats finish from the specialty ring?   If they had their  own classes within
our
breed they could finish, not just occasionally maybe  place under the right
judge someday (if there isn't something better there).

Bonnie Jenkins
BonJen Shepherds
_www.BonJen.com_ (http://www.BonJen.com)