[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: COATS

  • From: pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, BonJenShepherds@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 11:45:02 -0400

Next time I'll be absolutely certain to say missing premolars.  Then
you will understand that it is most definitely up to the judge to
decide which faults, other than those listed as serious, are more
serious than others.

If you have a coat who can give you more in your breeding program
than another animal, then you can use it to breed from.  And, as half
a dozen people have already said, there is nothing to prevent you
from showing it, just as you can show a dog with missing premolars.
People already show dogs with serious faults, and some of them win.
So long as it is not a DQ you are free to show it and a judge is free
to put it up.  Judges are also free to put up dogs with SERIOUS
faults....it is all a matter of discretion.  And for that matter,
dogs with missing molars can and do finish.  Dogs that bite finish
and can get selects, too.

Joan had it right when she said she'd rather start with a good coat
than a dog with bad temperament.  It is ALL discretionary.

Peggy>