[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: CHARGES AND NATIONAL

  • From: pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: <VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx>, <onaluzlead@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <SHOWGSD-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, judsohngsd@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2007 18:14:16 -0400

I can tell you that if SOME thought of it, the rest did not.  Take that as
fact, not opinion.
Last I heard, the original charges were being withdrawn and a new set of
charges filed...
I do not know which set of charges is "in the works" now.  Perhaps someone who
knows will
tell us.
        I will say that I was one of those who signed on for the original
charges, and I can
only speak to my own motives.  I have also discussed those motives with at
least one of the
persons charged.  I was under the impression that the charges were being
brought in an
attempt to bring to the Exec. Committee's attention the fact that the
membership would not
stand for any further ignoring of and trampling on the by-laws.  I believe the
"corrected"
charges completely bypassed that intention and took on a different tone, and I
did not take
part in the second set of charges.
        I have been told that one certain person is behind these charges, and
if that is so, it
was and is real news to me.  In any case, at least some, if not all, of us who
brought the
original set of charges did it with the best of intentions...if others had
ulterior motives, I am
unaware of them and feel safe in saying that others were equally unaware.  The
second set
of charges may well be a different story, but I refused to be a party to those.
 In fact, I
suggested to the others (in writing) that the whole thing be forgotten since
the fact of filing the
charges in the first place would have made our point.  Unfortunately, some
people's emotions
got the best of them and the whole thing seemed to spiral into a different
thing entirely.
        I do not know which set of charges against the EC are being considered
now.  I do
wish someone would tell us.
        It is of great concern to me that so many people thought it necessary
to consult the
AKC on these matters, because those actions can only harm the GSDCA, something
I would
never do.

Peggy