[ SHOWGSD-L ] CH My Oh My Brag!!!

  • From: "Laurie Pruett" <pruett@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 10:34:01 -0500

This weekend, at Ladies Dog Club in Boston, under respected judge Tom =
Coen, Windy Acres' My Oh My OFA H&E went WB (from Bred-By), BOW, and BOB =
over 5 very nice specials to finish her AKC championship!  My My then went =
on to win the Bred-By Exhibitor Group under Debbie Hokkanen.  She is our =
15th Windy Acres' champion.

Unfortunately, we missed the regular Herding Group competition as we went =
out to lunch 3 or 4 miles from the show site - roads were fine, light rain =
- and then Boston turned into a BLIZZARD! - I'm from Maine and I've never =
seen anything like it.  It took us almost 2 hours to get back to the show =
and we got there just as the Herding Group was ending.  Even then, we were =
stuck in the parking lot  - my van was NOT budging and I thought we were =
going to spend the night in the van.  Finally, the plows arrived and a =
good Samaritan helped push our van out of the snow onto the plowed road =
and we were able to drive to our motel.  It was quite the day...

"My My" was the 1st open bitch & RWB at this year's national under Debbie =
Hokkanen.  In addition, My My won the bred-by class at this year's =
Canadian national under Michel Chaloux.  Last year she placed in the 12-18 =
class at both nationals - 2nd in Canada under Gary S. and 4th under Rita.  =
She is by our own Am/Can Champion Windy Acres' Sound and Fury OFA H&E out =
of Windy Acres' Ben In A Spirit OFA H&E (a Ben daughter).  She finished =
with 3 majors (both specialty and all-breed).  She was just two in May and =
we hope to have some fun with her now as a special.

Thanks to the following judges who recognized My My's quality:

Christine Carter - Best Puppy at the Central Mass specialty her first time =
in the ring
Kay Reamensynder - Best Puppy and RWB from the 9-12 puppy class at the =
Western Mass specialty
Helen Gleason - Best Bred-By Bitch and Bred-By Herding Group I - Central =
Maine Kennel Club
Delaine Thomson - 3rd Teenage bitch - Northeast Futurity
Cappy Pottle - 1st Junior Maturity bitch - Mid-Atlantic Maturity
Carl Liepman - WB BW=20
Chuck Trotter- WB BW BOB over specials =20
Dr Lee Anthony Reasin - WB BOB =20
Irene Bivin -  WB, BOB=20
Sandy Dancosse - WB
Debbie Hokkanen - WB, BOW (specialty held at an all-breed) - 2 points
Doris Farell - WB - Rochester specialty - 3 point major
Al Engleman - WB. BOW - GSDC of SNH specialty - 4 point major
Tom Coen - WB, BOW. BOB - Ladies Dog Club - 4 point major

My My was handled this weekend by her friend, co-owner, co-breeder, and =
trainer, Ariel Cassista.    =20

Laurie Pruett
Windy Acres

=20